How to Transfer QuickBooks from One Computer to Another
- Computer #2: Install QuickBooks (you’ll need your Orignal install disk or downloaded install file, plus your installation codes that came with the software.)
- Computer #2: Update QuickBooks: Run QuickBooks and click on Help / Update QuickBooks. That way, you’ll have the same QuickBooks updates on computer #2 that are on computer #1.
- Computer #1: Backup your company data. You can back it up to any medium that will be accessible to computer #2. That would normally include CDs, USB/flash drives, external hard drives, or online storage services.
The smallest backup you can make is a Portable file. This kind of backup is only about 20-25% the size of your regular QB company file, yet it contains all your data. (The backup excludes the internal indexing in the file – that’s why it’s both smaller and takes longer to make and restore.)
- If you made a backup to a physical backup drive, take it to computer #2 and plug it in or insert it. If your backup is online somewhere, download it to computer #2’s hard drive or desktop.
- Computer #2: Run QuickBooks, and at the opening dialog box select “Open or restore an existing company”, and then “Restore a portable file” (or “Restore a backup copy” if you are bringing over a regular backup copy from computer #1.)
- Computer #2: Navigate to the drive and folder where your backup is, and select the backup file.
- Computer #2: Specify where you want the file to be restored to. You can accept the default that QuickBooks suggests, or point to a particular folder that makes sense to you. My Documents is not a bad choice.
- Computer #2: Finish the restore.
Once your data is restored, everything should be set up for you to work in QuickBooks on your new computer. If you need to take your company file back to computer #1, simply reverse the process for steps #3-8.
What’s your favorite way to move QuickBooks data between computers?
If you get any issues to move QuickBooks One Computer to another call QuickBooks Technical Support Number @+1-865-407-2488.
Orignal Source http://blog.quickbooksusers.com/quickbooks/how-to-transfer-quickbooks-from-one-computer-to-another/
QuickBooks Support Number
USA Toll Free - 1-865-407-2488
- QuickBooks Payroll Support
- QuickBooks Data Recovery
- QuickBooks POS Support
- Quicken Support
The Process to Fix Issues:
- Initiate a Live Chat session
- Connect with our support team
- Enable secure remote access