QuickBooks is of great help in our day to day life. It helps managing our accounting and business quite easily. Even if you are new in business it will guide you quite well. It includes certain tools of marketing, merchant services etc.
Set up QuickBooks for multi-user access:
- Find on the computer where the company file is located
- Open the QuickBooks
- Open the company file which you are trying to access
- Go to the file menu, click on the utilities and then click on host multi-user access. If you get to see stop hosting multi user access, then you are already hosting multi user and you can continue to the next step
- Go to the file menu and click on switch to multi-user mode.If you see switch to single user mode then you are already in multi user mode and you can continue with the next step
- Leave this system powered on and close the QuickBooks if no one is using it on this system
- Try opening the company file from the computer which is remote
- Following steps is applied only to the computer where the company file is located.
Step 1 : Installation of QuickBooks:
- Go to the location where the company file is located
- Install the QuickBooks and choose the multi user host installation
Step 2: Host the multi users access:
- Open the QuickBooks
- If you are prompted to update your company file, update it to the new version
- Go to the file menu, click on the utilities and then click on the host multi-user access. If you could see stop hosting multi user access, then you are already hosting multi user access so you can continue to the next step.
Step 3: Configure the company file in such a way that you can configure the multi user:
- Open that particular company file in which you want multi user to be allowed
- If you are prompted to update the company file, update the file to the new version
- Go to the file menu and click on switch to the multi user mode
- Open each of the company file which you want to allow multi-user access and repeat the step 3 but if you have more than a few company file you can configure multiple files with the QuickBooks database server which manages it.
Step 4: Prepare the company file or the reliable users:
- Add users and give them access to your company file
- So as to protect you company information from being accessed by others it is recommended that you should set up password
Step 5: Have the other users login to the company file:
- Open the QuickBooks on the another computer on your network
- Open the company file and log in, be sure that you browse the computer where the company file is located
If you are unable to solve set-up multi user access in QuickBooks. You can call QuickBooks Support Number 1-865-407-2488 USA (toll-free). Our Customer support team is ready to fix all multiple users access, setting up QuickBooks multi user and QuickBooks related problem and issue. Our customer support team is ready to fix our QuickBooks related problem 24*7.